Thursday, March 29, 2007

A short hello

(11-26-1018)



Wow! Has it been six years here already? I feel like I've only aged a few months! Even so, it's good to talk to you again, dear friend.

Much has happened to me since last we spoke. I'm an even stronger Paladin and a higher-ranking Bastokan now. Beating up those back-talking Colibris and those fire-breathing crawlers ("Erucas" they call them on that continent) has taken quite a toll on me. My dear wife Eponine has been faithfully fighting alongside me for quite a while now. Those first few levels went by very quickly, some lasting as short as an hour. Our moogles tell us we're about half way to level sixty-three now. She plays the red-mage class very well. Without her incredible gift of healing, I would have quite literally died many times along the way. My companions and I have not had much time to venture out to the new continent lately, and so I have taken up the ways of the Warrior and the ways of the Ninja again.

My gear had become quite dusty lying in mog house for a good couple of a years or so. Thankfully my moogle was able to get it dry-cleaned for me. When last I played warrior I was using a some military weapons I bought from someone who did something called a "Garrison." Since then I've done my inner Warrior's artifact weapon quest and purchased something called a "Combat Caster's axe" to go with it from a generous Mithra. Yeah, not exactly very exciting, but the partys I got in with this equipment were a blast! I've been in a set party on various jobs with a Corsair and my faithful wife (this time joining the fray as a Bard) since we were in Valkrum Dunes. I played as a Red Mage until we left altepa and then decided that my Warrior would better compliment the party. Now that we've caught up to where I left my Ninja, I can be an ever better compliment to the party. All I have to do now is smack a few million gil worth of items out of the local wildlife...

Well, I must go for now. Other duties call. It was good to talk to you again, friend. Perhaps I will write more again soon.

No comments: