Friday, April 6, 2007

A new milestone!

Lightningday, June 16, 1019



Hello! I'm back--and in less than a tenth of the time than my last post! Wow, more than six years went by between my last post and the one before it. This time around it is less than six months later. My, how the time flies. I'd bet it's only been a week's time back on Earth. Time seems to pass much faster here, but somehow we have the energy to adventure for several days at a time without the need for rest. It is quite a magnificient phenomenon...

Anyways, I have reached a grand milestone in my career here. I've joined the ranks of Artisan Goldsmiths and exchanged the credits I've earned along the way for my Guild Apron!! As I placed the top proudly around my neck and quickly tied the ropes, I instantly felt more powerful at my craft and wondered what I should do next. This new found power would not only help me create better, stronger armor, but because of it, I would be even better at protecting my companions and keeping the attention of our prey focused on me. I pity the poor souless creatures that would dare try to harm me now. I feel even worse for the beastman that DO have a soul, for I shall be even greater now at vanquishing them and banishing their soul to hell.

Well, maybe it isn't that useful, but it's still a great milestone. It will be easier to increase skill in any future attempts and I will have slightly better chances at making high quality items with my craft. And, I will be much more recognizable as an accomplished Goldsmith. It's not that I desire the fame (well, maybe a little). If my countrymen need something hand-crafted with skill that only a Goldsmith can master, more of them may now look to me for such assistance.

Remember, me dear friends. For as long as I have breath, I will always be happy to lend my assistance in any way for which I am able.

2 comments:

Alison the Amazing Thief said...

Congratulations! That task always seemed very overwhelming to me so i have not really put a lot of effort into it but it sure would be nice.

And Happy Birthday too. Did your cake get attacked by little chocolate bunnies this year?

Boswen said...

Indeed it was! I've been leveling up cooking to 56 so far on an alternate character, alchemy to 41 as a sub on Boswen, and Eponine's taken her Alchemy all the way to 51. I'm almost jealous of how cheap and easy it is for the other crafts to level. Eponine could have her alchemy apron easily within a week or two--and with minimal effort.

But--one thing neat I can say is that at 68.5+2 (the .5 as of today XD), I have already been able to help someone. Some PLD needed a pair of stamina rings (HQ Tier 1 Vitality rings). I explained that it's not a guaranteed synth, but he didn’t mind. He bought the crystals and I even donated the rings and gems as a nice thing to do for Easter. I must have had good luck or something b/c I HQd both rings on the first tries!