Friday, July 6, 2007

My musings thus far

Lightningday, October 08, 1025. 5:30 AM



My jouneys have taken me to even farther and wider lands in the last five years here on Vana'diel. There is a beautiful carol here that whispers in the wind throughout several areas of the land. I have many a story to tell, brothers and sisters. Unfortunately, I am in need of some good rest and strong brew to help recall those distant memories. I have heard the tales of veteran Alchemists that live in the terra firma far to the east our own region. The people of that expanse are said to have created many new concoctions through methods unbeknownst to us here in Quon and Mindartia. Perhaps one of these elixirs shall be the solution to my ailing memory. Though my days here have now numbered more than 13 years, my memory does not fail me for lack of youth. Nay, I have always struggled to conjure up much that is dear to me. This infernal contraption of a brain which I have been given is a constant thorn in my flesh. It remembers the simple things but often refuses to muse over that which is paramount. Perhaps I will one day see the reason for my ailment. All things happen for a reason and to the tune of a supernatural plan.

Meanwhile, I shall be sitting at my Desk, trying to recall one of my latest and grandest adventures. My last party as a Ninja took me from level 48-54. It was quite a show! Problem is, it happened about two months ago. With hope, I shall recall it from memory eventually and let said memories leak onto my keyboard, as a particular Windurstian Galka would have put it.

Perhaps I can seek the help of a local alchemist. I am in need of good mind or intelligence potion. Maybe even a charisma potion as well, though I must be careful not to overdose on said potions. I cannot seem to get the creative juices flowing. Methinks a trip to beautiful Purgonorgo Isle would be quite inspiring! Or perchance I shall visit The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah. As I lay there in the magnificent forests, it is almost as if nature itself produces a gentle melody. My experience (and long suffering ^^) as a Paladin has taught me how to be in harmony with the various wildlife there. It is as if all is tranquil while I am there. I have garnered the respect of all creatures great and small. Not a single one will attempt to harm me, for they know that all such endeavors will surely fail. Perhaps one day my skills as a Master of Beasts will even allow me to befriend them in my continuing struggles against the evils that plague this land.

In my journeys I have encountered a phenomenal photographer who has captured the very essence of our world. Such talent could only be matched by a writer as equally awe-inspiring as Selece's portraits. In a majestic attempt to meld these great talents of image, writing, and sound, I have began my own project, starting with this thought. Only time shall tell what tangled web I shall weave. You, dear reader, shall be my audience and I shall be your gleeman. Gace, mercy and peace be with thee until we meet again. Fare thee well, friends.

No comments: