Thursday, December 28, 2006

She Finally Arrived!

08-02-1012


While I waited anxiously for my wife to arrive, I trained as a monk up to a strength fifteen times greater than when I had began, and I trained as a warrior up to thirty times stronger than I once was. After reaching this level, many townsfolk offered me new quests to learn the abilities of a Paladin and a Ninja and a Dragoon, and many others. Then one day my Moogle finally received a letter about my wife. Her passport was ready and she was coming to Vana’diel in a few days. I worried at first if she was able to able to tie up all of our loose ends back home, and then I wondered what I was thinking—glad that I could finally see her again. It had been almost four years on this world since I had seen her. The letter? Oh, I shall read it to you:

Boswen,

Hi, Darling! Oh, how I have missed you so! Have you enjoyed yourself while you were waiting for me? I can’t talk long. They finally got my paperwork in order and I am waiting to board the flight to Vana’diel! I hope you were able to learn the ropes there and get familiar with the place. I’m sure I will need your help when I arrive. I can’t wait to see you! They finally got my passport paperwork in order and I will be on my way to Vana’diel soon. Please try not to miss me too much—I will be there soon! Oh, Sweetie… It will be so good to see you again. Have you found any nice places for us to go on dates? What are living arrangements like there? I guess I will find out soon enough. The attendants here tell me it is a long trip, but that something called “Moogle Magic” should get this letter to you within minutes! Oh! They are calling for us to come aboard. Don’t worry about the shop, dear. Our family gladly offered to take care of it for us while we were away. I have to go, but I will see you in a few days, Darling. I love you, Sweetheart!

Your Loving Wife,
Eponine

P.S. You like that name? It came to me in a dream one night when I was thinking of you.


Back on our home world, my wife and I managed a medieval Arms and Armoury shop. We had just started off less than a year before I left, but we both felt a higher calling to Vana'diel... Unfortunately, her passport took almost two months longer to process than mine had taken. I shall have to tell you about her and our adventures together in one of my next entries. I was relieved to read that we had found a caretaker for our humble shop. Our family has always been willing to watch over us and guide us as needed, and this was no exception.


Although our marriage was recognized by our home world long ago, we plan to have a ceremony here one day as well. It would be both to reaffirm our commitment to each other, to celebrate our new life on this new world, and to invite the cherished friends we hoped to gain to witness our blessed union. Even as of this writing we have not yet had our ceremony. Perhaps we will one day…

1 comment:

Alison the Amazing Thief said...

Oh I love that name. When do we get to meet her? I checked the website. It's packed full of so many fun things! What a fun job. Lucky girl.